[extropy-chat] The New Atlantis compares JPII and Transhumanism

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 17 15:10:30 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of ben
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] The New Atlantis compares JPII and
> Transhumanism
>
> "spike" <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Who is this Joseph Fletcher character that is being savaged?  I have
> > been reading transhumanist stuff for over a decade and never heard of
> > him...
>
> I suspect this is a strategy of demonisation by association.
> Find somebody whose ideas are obviously reprehensible, find some link
> (even a tenuous one) to a group you dislike... ben zaiboc

Oh ok I get it, thanks ben.  So the strategy then would be to point out that
Jeffrey Dahmer, Hitler and Ted Kaczynski were all catholic and then ask
David B. Hart why he and the pope are so intimately involved in the things
these men did, etc.

How can we clue this silly jerk and the New Atlantis that Fletcher is not
one of ours?