[extropy-chat] Time Magazine's Person of the Year

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Dec 19 20:51:48 UTC 2006

 From the Times article:

>There's no road map for how an organism that's not a bacterium lives and
>works together on this planet in numbers in excess of 6 billion. But
>2006 gave us some ideas.

I spent a part of last weekend investigating wikis. I have zero budget
for such software, yet I needed to find a free web environment that give
oodles of storage space, possibility to set permissions, and a fair amount
of customization for a working group of five spread over a 9 hour timezone.

Impossible?

Not at all. A review that I found one year ago comparing 'Wiki Farms'
was just the tip of the iceberg. The web is CRAWLING with
collaborations, of all shapes, sizes, colors, complexities! You Tube is
rockin, but it is still "YOU".  The Wiki Farms give you "WE". :-)

Amara

--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Istituto di Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (IFSI), Roma, ITALIA