[extropy-chat] Music recommendations

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 23 02:21:18 UTC 2006

> I got a copy of Matsuri Uta (from Blue Seed) after you mentioned it
> months ago. It's nice, but maybe due to my living in Japan, certain more
> traditional enka moves me more.  Your other recommendations are already
> like old friends to me.
>
> By the way, Slawomir let me know offlist that his recommendation for
> Dead Can Dance applied only to their early stuff.  I got some of their
> pre-1993 work and liked it much better than their more recent
> "world-beat/tribal" music. >
> - Jef

Good. I would generally recommend picking up Wake which is a 2-disc compilation of
their best material. Here's two more pieces of music that might satisfy your
criteria:

Adagio for strings - Samuel Barber
The voice of love - Angelo Badalamenti (even though the track is being attributed
to Julee Cruise)

S.