[extropy-chat] Conquering the world with a POV wiki

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Tue Dec 26 17:38:26 UTC 2006

brent.allsop wrote:

> I've got a very crude prototype of the canonizer
> running at test.canonizer.com.

Brent -

I visited your test site last night and was impressed with your efforts.
I too am excited by the prospects of being able to effectively represent
the salient features of disparate points of view and I think it's a
hugely practical goal as a prerequisite for effective collaborative
social decision-making.

However, it's not clear to me whether your vision is to rank
predominately according to popularity/supporting votes, or whether you
see the need to rank somehow according to (still subjective) measure(s)
of relative merit?

Have you thought about how your POV wiki idea might relate or
interoperate with prediction markets?

- Jef