[extropy-chat] A paranormal prediction for the next year

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Dec 26 21:54:48 UTC 2006

One year ago I sent the following post to the list, I did not change one
word. One year from now I intend to send this same message yet again.
=================
Happy New Year all.

I predict that a paper reporting positive psi results will NOT appear in
Nature or Science in the next year. This may seem an outrageous prediction,
after all psi is hardly a rare phenomena, millions of people with no
training have managed to observe it, or claim they have. And I  am sure the
good people at Nature and Science would want to say something about this
very important and obvious part of our natural world if they could, but I
predict they will be unable to find anything  interesting to say about it.

You might think my prediction is crazy, like saying a waitress with an
eight's grade education in Duluth Minnesota can regularly observe the Higgs
boson with no difficulty but the highly trained Physicists at CERN in
Switzerland cannot. Nevertheless I am confident my prediction is true
because my ghostly spirit guide Mohammad Duntoldme spoke to me about it in a
dream.

PS: I am also confident I can make this very same prediction one year from
today.

    John K Clark