[extropy-chat] Cold Elvis Conspiracy

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Dec 27 00:55:52 UTC 2006

At 02:44 PM 12/26/2006 -0500, Keith wrote:

>At the time it started, I figured it would be either confirmed or debunked
>in short order.  The one thing that I could not imagine was that after all
>these years people would still not understand what was going on nor have a
>theory.

Yeah, the intermittency is strange. As for the way the scientific
publishing establishment and the patent office have banned discussion
thereof... one possibility that can't be ignored, I suppose, is that
the DoD is developing the phenomenon and has told the major players
to button their lips... while allowing small fishies to blather on,
because universal silence *would* look like the kind of Giant
Conspiracy John Clark ridicules. That's precisely what happened with
the Manhattan Project and all the stories in ASTOUNDING about uranium
weapons. The editor convinced the FBI to allow the stories to
continue, lest they tip off the Nazis by their abrupt disappearance.
The lesson might have been learned and generalized.

Just one possibility, of course.

Damien Broderick