[extropy-chat] extropian book puzzle

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Dec 29 00:57:50 UTC 2006

Appears to have been an inch worm.
- Jef

________________________________

	From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of spike
	Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:40 PM
	To: 'ExI chat list'
	Subject: [extropy-chat] extropian book puzzle

	I have three volumes on my shelf: Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged,
Damien Broderick's excellent The Spike (a treasured Doherty hardback
first edition, graciously autographed by the author himself), and K Eric
Drexler's Nanosystems (also autographed by the author).  Assume each of
these volumes is exactly one inch thick, adjacent and arranged in my own
peculiar system, alphabetical by first name of the author.  A bookworm
devours a straight lone hole beginning outside the front cover of Atlas
Shrugged and ending up outside the back cover of Nanosystems.

	How far did the wretched beast travel?

	Read carefully, watch for gotchas.