[extropy-chat] global warming eats island and horseshoe pins

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Dec 30 03:18:09 UTC 2006

> In those areas of science which have political overtones, conclusions should
> be explained carefully and data analyzed with due diligence, for the
> consequences of sloppy science can be enormous as we have seen.

This is very true and that's why I was intrigued to see the one sentence about the
island *sinking* - which seemed much more possible to me than the sea rising. The
sea rising and the island sinking are two very different scenarios. It's not right
to mingle the two concepts as though they're the same thing.

Regards,
MB