[extropy-chat] global warming eats island

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 31 23:03:04 UTC 2006

>The sunshade and aerosol projects are meant to produce a
>global drop of at most a few percent in sunlight, and locally there
>are much larger sunlight variations on Earth.

Yes, but luckily they don't *stay* that way for decades or centuries,
and they are not global. Of course, if the Spike/Singularity comes
along in the next 50 or 100 years, all this is moot. But I'd rather
not take that chance with planetary havoc, if it can be avoided.
Without killing 5 billion humans, and/or returning to stone age technology.

Damien Broderick