[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading

Eric Messick exi at syzygy.com
Wed Feb 1 17:45:14 UTC 2006

>The only logically consistent conclusion is that life (mind-producing
>*activity* of matter in space-time) exists only for a time period between
>the start of the mind process and it's end. In other words, original life
>can only exist for a single session which means that as soon as you die, you
>stay dead forever.
>
>This is quite an orthodox view, and I don't like it, but I'm afraid it is
>true.
>
>Slawomir

Ok, so what about children who have been revived after hours of being
submerged in near freezing water?  They have no circulation and no
brain activity when they are pulled from the water.  They experienced
death, but then are revived, apparently undamaged.

Are they not the same person they were before?

-eric