[extropy-chat] Email Postage

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:29:07 UTC 2006

I don't use Yahoo or AOL, but I use Hotmail for a great reason. I have years
of references to my hotmail address. Since hotmail doesn't support POP, I'm
stuck checking this address. Therefore, I check this address the most and
use it the most. As soon as hotmail supports POP, I'll set up Gmail to pull
down my hotmail addresses and stop using hotmail.

I understand this fee as AOL and Yahoo charging external accounts to deliver
email to AOL/Yahoo accounts. So Exi-chat would pay five cents per email
delivered to AOL/Yahoo.

I see this as providing little more than letting spammers willing to pay a
nickel access to my inbox as it will bypass spam filters.

BAL