[extropy-chat] Return to the Dark Ages.

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Thu Feb 9 17:05:54 UTC 2006

As Eliezer has pointed out recently on the SL4 list, it is next to
impossible to discuss subjects related to current day politics.

I think recently mentioned fMRI studies of partisan mental activity shows why.

But progress by any reasonable measure of it *has* run backwards at various
times and places.

Keeping the discussion away from the current and previous century might
allow reasoned discussion.

It's an important topic.

If people want to discuss it, I can suggest two books that provide
background and perhaps others would recommend some.

Keith Henson