[extropy-chat] Protect ourselves to prevent a return to the middle ages

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 09:18:38 UTC 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 5:14 PM, Mehran wrote:

> So basically almost noone has any intelligent comment on the
> content of
> RAEL's text about the dangers we may be facing instead some just
> want to see
> a UFO!

I got about as far in the first book as the purported aliens
effectively denying evolution before I gave up.   That and their
treating the Bible as somehow special did my interest in.

> Yes, there is proof for what RAEL brings, there is in fact
> incontestable
> proof.  I challenge any of you to dispute the proof in a reasonable
> rational
> way.  I have successfully defended this proof many times.  I
> consider myself
> intellectually honest... therefore my adherence to RAEL's message
> for this
> long.   If this discussion is not allowed on this list, fine, we do it
> offline.  Here is the proof:
>
> When you get an email message from your mother from an email
> address unknow
> to you saying that I am at your uncle's and your dad is very ill we
> need you
> to come asap.  For this message to be authentic to you, all its
> statements
> must be in agreement with what you know, ie. have a Mom, have a
> Dad, have an
> uncle, etc...  But maybe you have no idea Dad was sick... maybe he
> was in
> perfect health 2 days ago when you spoke to him, so you have a little
> suspicion and you decide to verify the info before booking your
> flight.

That is your "proof"  or is this an analogy?  What is there to
"disprove" in that and what does it have to do with Rael?

> RAEL brings a message from a scientifically advance civilization.  The
> message speaks for itself.  You can examine it for yourself and see
> if it
> fits the claim, is there any holes in it?

evolution.

> raises any suspicion!?

yes, no proof of extreme statements.

> Does it
> have any information that sounds like from an advance civilization?

No.  Not one word of advanced technology or science.

> Can a
> 27 year old make it all up!?

Why not?  I could.   If I was delusional besides being bright I would
do even better.

>   do a little investigation.  then you reach a
> final conclusion one way or the other.

I did.

> The Message of the Elohim is the
> proof for the Elohim's existence, for their claims and for the fact
> that
> they are our scientific creators and that they were the ones who
> sent the
> Prophets.

I hope you know that mere grandiose claims are no proof at all.

> Science is their religion and they want us to understand them
> rationally and
> intelligently.

Good.  They can start by presenting something, anything, beyond human
science.

> Now do you still want a ufo instead of an intelligent
> message!?

An intelligent message would be nice.  Rael's books don't present one.

>   A ufo can appear and disappear but an intelligent message stays
> with you for as long as you choose.
>
> The message is a free download here: www.rael.org    Just one rule,
> you have
> to read it before you dispute it.

It is too full of endless assertion without proof and contradictions
of known facts to be worth reading in full.

> LOVE
> Mehran
> www.rael.org

If you are so full of LOVE then give the people something more than
self-assured assertions.  Otherwise your LOVE is empty noise.

- samantha