[extropy-chat] Protect ourselves to prevent a return to themiddle ages

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:55:42 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/10/06, spike wrote:
> > When in battle, it is not cowering to take cover.  After seeing
> > the events of this week, is anyone here not convinced we are
> > at war?
> >

> One of the side-effects of the Muslim protests directed against Europe
> is that Europeans are now starting to think (horrors of horrors!) that
> maybe the US has been right all along.
>
> (On this one specific point, I hasten to add. Obviously the US is
> still wrong about everything else!)  ;)

Bullshit.
What major US papers reprinted the cartoons?
And it was the US state dept that came out and criticised *us*.

It's not the US people are saying were right - it is the neoNazis who they
are saying have turned out to be correct. It will be interesting to see what
happens in the various elections to come.

Dirk