[extropy-chat] New Atlantis whacks Hughes, Naam, Garreau & Chorost books

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 15 22:40:31 UTC 2006

From: Hughes, James J.

"We learn of F. M. Esfandiary, supposedly the first person to use the term
"transhumanism," who later changed his name to FM-2030. We find out that
his former lover, Nancie Clark, is married to Max More (originally Max
O'Connor), "one of the pioneers of cryonics in England" and a co-founder of
the Extropian variant of transhumanism. All in all, we are treated to an
instructive picture of some of the main organizational players and internal
debates among transhumanists, along with the development of their
positions."

Not very smart.

http://mail2web.com/ .