[extropy-chat] [please] pare replies

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Fri Feb 17 14:40:57 UTC 2006

On Feb 16, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Brian Lee wrote:

>  I don't read every single message so I
> frequently read every 10th as a sort of digest version of the list.

Hi Brian,

You are begging the question: If you don't read all the messages,
then why suggest policy on message presentation!  : )

I have seen, in the past few weeks in particular, some really, really
mangled postings. The text colors didn't coordinate, font changes,
top and bottom and insert remarks within the same text body, and in a
worst case scenario, someone sent an email that left Samantha's .sig
at the bottom, and it was obviously not an email from Samantha. I
couldn't make head nor tail of it, and know I wouldn't be too
thrilled with people basically signing my name to their emails.

> I think that not including the entire quote is valid in a medium
> like a
> bulletin board, but for listservs it's acceptable to have the entire

But I am only responding specifically to these two points of your
email. How better to convey my point than to address your points
directly, one at a time? The entire message in some of these threads
is many pages. If I am asking a question about paragraph 3, I should
not be expected to send all 3 pages in return, should I ?

Anyhow, just my two cents!

Thanks,
Bret K.