[extropy-chat] Leaving list

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Feb 17 16:46:43 UTC 2006

At 10:28 AM 2/17/2006, Jef wrote:

>For several months I've been struggling with the realization that a
>significant portion of my available time is spent reading emails which
>have been providing far less than 1% payoff in terms of new or refined
>understanding.  While I feel a strong attachment to the ExI list, and
>I have a deep philosophical appreciation of what is being pointed at
>by Max's Principles of Extropy, I have to face the fact that for me,
>participation in this list has become predominately entropic.

I see Jef's post as a call to action!

  We will miss you Jef!

Natasha

>On 2/17/06, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> >  List members:
> >
> >  Please take posts on these topics off list. Too many list
> [find]members these
> > topics annoying and abusive to the level of intelligence and emotional
> > well-being of extropy and transhumanists who strive to create a better
> > future for humanity.
> >
> >  Thank you for paying attention to and adding to the quality of this list
> > and thinking before your post.
> >

>Classic.

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
Future Studies, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
Honorary Vice-Chair, <http://transhumanism.org/>World Transhumanist
Association
Senior Associate, <http://foresight.org/>Foresight Institute
Advisor, <http://alcor.org/>Alcor Life Extension Foundation

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective.
Buckminster Fuller