[extropy-chat] Meta Transhumanism and Axx Rxxx

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Feb 18 15:23:24 UTC 2006

At 07:23 PM 2/18/2006 +1100, Marc Geddes wrote:

snip

>You know a person reading on the net or hanging out
>with high IQ folks can be inundated with bullshit if
>one is not careful.

snip

Would you, would the list, be up to a Meta level discussion of *why* the
evolved social primates known as humans believe mutually incompatible
things?  Why they believe anything at all?  Why they kill each other over
beliefs?  Why people resist learning about these subjects?  (MetaMeta level!)

I *think* I know some of the reasons, but good discussion (which is hard to
find) files the rough edges off the memes.

Keith Henson

PS.  If you think that serious life extension will *ever* happen, then
"we're only haggling over the price."  :-)

(old joke)