[extropy-chat] META: ExI List Quality & Future

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sun Feb 19 23:37:43 UTC 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Dirk Bruere wrote:
> I rather doubt it since I do not expect to be invited.
> Essentially, what you propose is to cut all social interaction
> between ordinary members, especially anything that fosters dissent.

Dissent != completely off-topic discussions.  Except when it
comes to the definition of "off-topic".

> In addition, to narrowly define what are, and are not, suitable
> topics.

Insofar as any set less than everything can be called "narrow",
yes.  And perhaps a narrow definition would serve ExI's
interests.

> IMO it's a recipe for disaster from the POV of ExI membership.

Anyone can call themself an ExI member, but there is a certain,
definiable set of things that is extropian - and, conversely,
a certain, definable set of things that is not.  Coming up with
better ways of doing things is usually extropian.

> If that happens I'm gone, invitation or not.

Something like that is likely to happen.  You might want to save
yourself some time and leave now.