[extropy-chat] clarification of discussing cults and religion on exi-chat

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 02:32:11 UTC 2006

...  Do let us proceed thus:

1.  No promoting cults here.  Promote science and reason.

2.  Commentary on cults, human interaction therein, welcome.

3.  Don't feel compelled to answer everything.

4.  Don't be evil.  Even if profitable.

5.  Be smart.

You mean everyone else should post on this topic, except me because I don't
toe the party line?
Sounds like the WTA all over again.
Dissent will not be tolerated etc (except approved dissent).

Dirk

Not everyone else Dirk.  I recognize that my request looks self
contradictory, so let me make it perfectly clear: Keith Henson is *the man*
that we want to hear from on this topic, not everyone else, not anyone else.
Keith has been thru the war, he's a Magna Cum Laude PhD in cultology, he has
put his money where his mouth is, he has fought the good fight and paid the
price.  No one here is as qualified to comment on this topic as he.
Extro-chatters, let us sit quietly at this man's feet and let him teach us
if he is willing.  I have known Keith for many years, enjoyed his cutting up
at the cryoschmoozes, we have seen him post really smart and valuable stuff
for many years on ExI-chat, from long before this whole cult thing began.
When he speaks, the pearls of wisdom fall like a hailstorm.  There is a
*chapter* about him in Regis' Great Mambo Chicken fer crying out loud!  {8-]

After he is finished, assuming he is still willing to share what he has
learned, then let us restart the clatter.  I recognize that this is like
temporary censorship, but it is for a good cause.  {8-]

Keith, the floor is yours bud.