[extropy-chat] META: ExI List Quality & Future

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 06:05:18 UTC 2006

 I too keep the list as a way to save time by allowing "motivated reviewers
" to seive
information and sometimes in quite a timely fashion.

The quality has really gone downhill as political/religeous/philosophical
rants and flames have taken over  substantially from leading edge  hard
science content these last few months.  I have been on the list since 1987
and think it would be  a bloody embarrassment if people who purport
intelligence let this discussion group twist in the wind.  I've been getting
better content from the Uof S databases lately than from the list.

As of late the "OM" gang such as Robin Hansen only post infrequently as they
are likely like me quite consumed with their  own off-list endeavors.

Perhaps the list could periodically track and deliver to our
inboxes updates from these  guys for those of us without the extra minutes
of the day to spare to surf.

I've been going pretty well 24/7 with just some bare bones time for sleep
 between our business activities at home 300 miles away from where I'm
attending HACCP Classes and other and sundry research networking on Campus
here at Saskatoon.(U of S aging research group, flavonoid anti-oxidative
stress pharmacy student projects, agroforestry cmmercialization inititiative

Morris Johnson
306-290-8734