[extropy-chat] Mangled Worlds

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Sun Feb 26 05:10:57 UTC 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, Robin Hanson wrote:

> Your picture seems to be of big worlds that spit off tiny worlds which
> then immediately start to become mangled.

This makes me wonder whether the opposite can happen.

A world splits into two over one detail.

Both worlds split again, but one of them becomes very
similar to a child of one of the others.

Could it be possible that the very similar "3rd generation"
worlds join back together and increase the amplitude of that
world ?

This would be a very unlikely thing to happen if all changes
that happen to worlds are equally likely to happen, but what
if some changes are more likely to happen than others?