[extropy-chat] Examining Risks (was RE: META: List Quality)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 26 06:27:02 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Lee Corbin
>
> I must hasten to say that I'm not looking for an argument
> about petty politics at all, but what *is* nearest to my
> concern---what I am almost literally dying to discuss---is
> the role of rationality vs. intuition in cases like this
> as well as in cases not like this.  I want very very much
> to understand the absolutely vital role that rationality
> has to play in human decision making, and, if they exist,
> its limitations.
>
> Luckily for me, I have already seen unmistakable signs that
> on this very list some extremely insightful people have
> recently devoted thought to the question, or to questions
> much like it.
>
> Lee

Very well, let us do it thus: go ahead with the discussion.  If we come up
with interesting stuff with a transhumanist angle, and doesn't devolve into
mundane politics and pointless arguments, the list Temporary Benevolent
Dictator will allow it; yea, encourage such an exchange he will.  Otherwise,
the thread will be summarily dumped into the bit bucket, and further
exchange on that topic will be discouraged.  Do treat this topic with the
care it requires.