[extropy-chat] META: Subject Line Mechanics

Lee Corbin lcorbin at tsoft.com
Sun Feb 26 18:12:39 UTC 2006

Can someone tell me what happens when subject lines are changed?
In particular, suppose that one politely alters a subject line
by use of the "(was: XXXX)" construction---and then later removes
the parenthetical expression altogether, thus completing the
change.

I have always supposed that we did that for two reasons: one, to
alert posters following a certain thread that relevant discussion
is continuing under another name, and two, so that the archival
machinery follows the change.  Is that wrong?

Moreover, does anyone have a strong suggestion about what our
convention here should be?

As always, change outdated subject lines, please.

Lee