[extropy-chat] Examining Risks (was RE: META: List Quality)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:58:17 UTC 2006

On 2/26/06, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

> Looking forward, I envision a system of social decision-making where
> individuals are able to register their fine-grained subjective values
> in a public database, and where policy is generated based on
> principles of effective interaction that (increasingly) objectively
> maximize the promotion of those values over increasing scope (of time,
> of actors, and of type of interaction.)  Public service would become
> the practice of improving the effectiveness of this framework for
> broader positive-sum interaction, rather than fighting over narrowly
> coveted slices of a perceived zero-sum pie.

### At the risk of sounding anarcho-capitalistically predictable, let
me point out that the social decision-making system you mention
already exists, and it's database is called the stock market (and a
bunch of other markets). Almost every time you buy and sell, you
perform a positive-sum interaction, leading to the maximization of
subjective values.

Market rulez!

Rafal