[extropy-chat] A new email list to bridge the gaps

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Sat Jan 14 04:44:22 UTC 2006

I confess I'm not entirely sure why the WTA internal fighting was
brought up in the ExI chat list to begin with, but perhaps because the
initiator felt his posts would be suppressed in the WTA fora. Still,
they are not relevant to the Extropy Institute, and I feel it's unfair
to inflict such carnage on another group, "sibling organization" or not.

Fortunately I have come up with something of a solution. Behold the
Transhumanism_general email list, which is not associated with any
organization. Completely independent, and a tad iconoclastic for all of
that, but hopefully it will grow into something of its own, and be a
place where the WTA and ExI (and, hopefully, those who don't find either
organization to their taste) can find a common meeting-place.