[extropy-chat] On Gut Feelings

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:00:08 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Hayes
>When words have baggage, it's hard to sling them around and make precise
>points.

Yes - and unfortunately, words do acquire semiotic content over time. One of
the best essays on this topic is "Thick Description" by Clifford Geertz - I
have no url for this but I believe it is vailable on the web if Googled...

>I assume that there are no members of this list from within mainland China,
>is that known as a fact?

Actually, I live in mainland China, and have for almost the past 3 years -
although I am from the UK originally.
Jack Parkinson