[extropy-chat] time reversed entanglement?

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 22 04:12:38 UTC 2006

Quantum Physics, abstract

Time-reversal formalism applied to maximal bipartite entanglement:
Theoretical and experimental exploration

http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0510048

Authors:
<http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph//find/quant-ph/1/au:+Laforest_M/0/1/0/all/0/1>M.
Laforest,
<http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph//find/quant-ph/1/au:+Laflamme_R/0/1/0/all/0/1>R.
Laflamme,
<http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph//find/quant-ph/1/au:+Baugh_J/0/1/0/all/0/1>J.
Baugh
Comments: 10 pages, 16 figurers, submitted to PRA
Within the context of quantum teleportation, a proposed intuitive model to
explain bipartite entanglement describes the scheme as being the same qubit
of information evolving along and against the flow of time of an external
observer. We investigate the physicality of such a model by applying the
time-reversal of the Schrodinger equation in the teleportation context. To
do so, we first lay down the theory of time-reversal applied to the circuit
model and then show that the outcome of a teleportation-like circuit is
consistent with the usual tensor product treatment, thus independent of the
physical quantum system used to encode the information. Finally, we
demonstrate a proof of principle experiment on a liquid state NMR quantum
information processor. The experimental results are consistent with the
interpretation that information can be seen as flowing backward in time
through entanglement.