[extropy-chat] next generation of ion engines

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Jan 22 14:53:25 UTC 2006

That's the classic "let's wait for the singularity" argument.  Well, why do anything until after the singularity?  I think we should all tell the researchers and pioneers to stop work until the singularity comes.  Why waste any efforts now?  Instead, forget your work and just get out there and party.  :)  (Okay, just trying my hand at a little humor here.  No offense intended.)

To be more serious, I'd rather see the or any singularity from a distance.  If it turns nasty, perhaps there'd be a tiny chance of surviving.  Why have all your eggs in the singularity basket?

Regards,

Dan