[extropy-chat] Identity and becoming a Great Old One

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Thu Jan 26 18:04:56 UTC 2006

This really is the old teleportation/"transporter accident" etc.
argument all over again. Even Outer Limits milked this;

Which I will now mangle horribly.

If I could teleport you using the following method, would you go to a
(point of interest, other planet, whatever):

You step into the matter transmitter at point A
You are scanned
Your scan is transmitted to point B
The scan is rebuilt into you at point B
The you at point A is destroyed

Would you "go"?
Are "you" dead?

I have always thought - If I am a virus, then this is great. Since I
am conscious, no thanks.

Sorry if this over simplifies anything you are saying in this post.

Bret K.