[extropy-chat] Computing Power: Moore's Law keeps going and going and going

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jan 26 22:18:15 UTC 2006

At 05:06 PM 1/26/2006 -0500, Robert B. wrote:

>Just filter the glucose out of your blood and circulate it into a bag
>containing bacteria that utilize the glucose to produce light.  If you
>make the bag into a transparent suit jacket you can glow in the dark while
>losing weight.

That's cool, of course, and lets you read under the blankets, if you're the
sort of person who sleeps in his suit jacket, as most of us here surely
are--but it can be a hassle, wearing clothes that require you to plug them
in to an indwelling catheter stuck inside a major blood vessel. So messy to
keep clean and bacteria-free. (I had a friend once with a colostomy; he
spent an awful lot of time in the shower.)

Damien Broderick