[extropy-chat] Planck_units

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 27 01:51:48 UTC 2006

Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> Brett Paatsch wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I did Google on "Planck increment" which is what Eliezer
>> usually writes, including if I recall correctly in the front page of your
>> book Godplayers.
>
> Googling, it looks like "Planck interval" is the more common usage for
> time, so I'll try to use that from now on.  (Though I try to think
> interchangably of time increments and space increments, and "interval"
> doesn't apply to space quite as well.)

You do have me thinking hard Eliezer, like I might have to change my
mind on something sort of hard.  Kudos, and my thanks for that.

I'm not persuaded to the wisdom of cryonics but as a result of your
argument I'm less confident than I was about the validity of the
discontinuity objection to it.

I hope it is intellectual caution and not my arrogance or stupidity that
causes me to conceed less quickly than I should.

Brett Paatsch