[extropy-chat] Intelligent Design: I'm not dead yet

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 00:57:44 UTC 2006

Even without the major powers involvement, there could be clouds of fallout, plus bio and/and chemical warfare;  if it was anywhere else but the Mideast I would be optimistic, the Mideast is the worst region in the world-- aside from Africa (however there aren't many WMDs in Africa).
  Does anyone know how many WMDs exist in the Mideast? Not likely.

  The point was simply that compared to world wars and other things
that could actually threaten Singularity religion based wars appear
to be pretty far down on the list. It is not conceivable that
"billions will die" unless major armed states like the US and Russia
start hurling nukes regarding local squabbles. But then the real
energy behind such a possibility is our continuing dependence on
fossil fuel not religion per se. An energy war is one very likely
way we may never get to Singularity. Only if we are pretty stupid
will we see directly by force of arms opposing a religion (or all
religions) as being worth possibly missing Singularity.

- samantha