Faith-based thought vs thinkers Re:[extropy-chat]IntelligentDesign: I'm not dead yet

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Mon Jan 30 21:39:57 UTC 2006

"I'm not a religious man, but I believe in love and life and laughter. I believe in beauty and truth and goodness, and I believe these things are worth protecting, even though neither I nor anyone else can prove it; at some point I, like any civilized man, must resort to belief in the absence of evidence; for people who don't believe in beauty produce ugliness; people who don't believe in truth produce falsehood; and people who don't believe in good produce evil."

I just want to point out that this is a beautiful piece of work. I didn't know if anyone else noticed since it was in the context of a larger discussions.