[extropy-chat] Fwd: SURVIVAL: An impulse behind transhumanism?

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Mon Jul 3 23:23:07 UTC 2006

> We have done this.  During gestation, we played music to Isaac.  Our
> reasoning was that if we played the same discs often enough, he would
> learn
> these, consequently having them played for him after his birth would
> remind
> him of the womb.  For that reason, we carefully chose music that we could
> play at night.  We have a CD player that hangs on his crib.  We played for
> him Shaker music with hammered dulcimer and english horn, called Simple
> Gifts by Coulter and Phillips. [...]

Very nice selection, IMHO! :)

I agree about music at night. I do not like music when I'm going to sleep,
but my family does, so I've gotten rather better at going to sleep to it.

Be assured that likely "this too shall pass".  Most things are not worth
getting really bent out of shape over and that is one *huge* lesson of
parenthood that I found. It is a tough one to learn though.

Best.
MB