[extropy-chat] Libertarian paternalism

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 18:05:37 UTC 2006

--- Jeff Medina <analyticphilosophy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/4/06, Ian Goddard <iamgoddard at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  In my opinion, the libertarian view is [...]
> > That more accurate representation of the view is
> > also testable, and I believe is shown to be true
> > at least most often if not almost always. ~Ian
>
> References, please?

 My statements do reference their cited source... my
opinion. If you disagree, feel free say so or cite
some contrary data. The empirical substrates of my
opinion include the systematic failure of centrally
planned economies to meet consumer demands and
survive. Communist countries, most of which are
extinct, are examples of pure central planning.
Whatever one may argue wrt to mixed economies (as most
are), we have in those cases clear and consistent
examples that pure central planning appears to
systematically fail to both meet consumer demands and
foster economic growth versus freer economies.

 Secondly, trends in immigration should be a good
measure of societies that best meet the needs of
people. Based on my own informal observations I
believe the general trend is for people to leave less
free economies and move to freer economies. Certainly,
by itself, the history of immigration into the United
States stands as a prima facie example of mass
movements of people into freer economies. So again, I
believe such movement is a good example of what forms
of economic organization best meet the needs of
people, and I believe the general trend is for people
to move to freer economies. ~Ian

http://IanGoddard.net

"A proposition is a model of reality as we imagine
it." - Wittgenstein