[extropy-chat] For young extropians... was Psychology of investments in infrastructure

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Jul 6 10:32:54 UTC 2006

Spike, it might be interesting to play high quality music (singing) from
all over the world, different languages. IIUC babies learn sounds in
infancy and they're always able to make them. Unlike we adults who
sometimes *never* can make the proper sounds for some languages.

Not as bedtime music necessarily, just as background noise.

F'rinstance, when I coached our local Vietnamese refugee family I *could
not* say the name of the town they were from. I tried, it sounded good to
me, but I have no clue what I actually said. The wife bent double trying
not to laugh in my face. And she could not make some of our
English/American sounds. I'm not sure she could actually "hear" them...
for sure I couldn't "hear" the pronunciation nuances of her language.

Regards,
MB