[extropy-chat] nothingness to nothingness, and the causal events in between ?

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 14:00:41 UTC 2006

Perhaps the selection processes underlying   successive universes requires
the strength of pervasive intelligence to permeate an entire universe in
order for a universe to successfully  be born, evolve and  wind down in a
manner which regenerates an intelligence friendly  startup  singularity.

A universe which generates sufficient universal intelligence
skews the process.

The "I'm my own Grandpa" scenario, if you will.

We may not be able to perceive intelligence of the type required
to underly the darwinian  selection process on the  universal scale.

Or perhaps we are a byte, a quantum  blip in the process that will in
several billion years yield a single computronium state on the universal
scale.

MFJ