[extropy-chat] italian football victory

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jul 11 14:44:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 04:33:33PM +0200, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

> We had our overdose of patriotic bullshit in the past and have grown
> out of it. This is one of the few aeas in which I really wish the fest
> of the world could follow the Italian example.

Same thing with Germany. That Hitler incident was a rather radical cure.
The more jarring to suddenly see lots of aggressive flagwaving everywhere.

I think the immunization has started to wear off. But I'm genuinely
worried about people elsewhere yet immunologically naive in respect
to nationalism. Let me tell you, that shit can really ruin your day.