[extropy-chat] birthday greetings

Anders Sandberg asa at nada.kth.se
Wed Jul 12 17:10:03 UTC 2006

spike wrote:

> Happy birthday Anders Sandberg!

Thanks! I have the honor of being able to celebrate it in your nation's
capital, where I am for a very brief whirlwind conference-business meeting
tour (sorry, no real time to meet any people except lobbyists :-)

I like birthdays, because they are the only totally customizable,
individual festivities in the year. All the others have established and
expected traditions, but we own our own birthdays. And they are about not
just celebrating ourselves (which is fun) but about celebrating life. That
makes them wonderfully transhumanistic.

--
Anders Sandberg,
Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics