[extropy-chat] Making noise

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 09:08:22 UTC 2006

--- Anne-Marie Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> I've acknowledged that not many have responsed to my
> questions.
>   I was curious to know why.
>   Do I seem incomprehensible?

No but sometimes your questions can be pretty strange.
:) How would everybody looking like a member of the
Blue Man Group help people understand empathy? I don't
think appearence should matter.

> Am I not understanding
> properly? Am I
>   not forwarding my questions in the proper manner?
>   If i'm only making noise, then i'd prefer to stop.
>   Please explain.

Not everyone answers every post. Don't take it
personally. Perhaps you should stop being curious and
be a bit more assertive. Try stating something instead
of asking something. If someone disagrees with you
strongly enough, they will answer you.

>   Anna
>
>   If this is my last post then I would like to thank
> Natasha and Max,  Eliezer,
>   Samantha, Jef, John, Amara, Spike, Bill, Russell,
> Brian, Hughes, Sullivan,
>   Broderick, Hanson, Wallace, Avanguardian, Eugen,
> Ben and Lee for giving  me
>   such inspirational ideas.
>   If I forgot anybody, my sincere apologies, I know,
> what a great experience
>   this has been for me and that it will only lead me
> to top better endeavors.
>   Thank you.

You are welcome.

>   Feeling and longing are the motive forces behind
> all human endeavor
>   and human creations.
>   A. Einstein.
>
>   Again thanks
>   Anna:)
>
>   PS.. Eliezer, smileys represent a form of
> communication that leads to
>   representations regarding "Friendly AI", I hope
> you recognize that:)

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"God doesn't play dice with the universe." - Albert Einstein

"Einstein, don't tell God what to do." - Neils Bohr