[extropy-chat] War injuries and cold

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sat Jul 15 17:58:56 UTC 2006

At 07:14 AM 7/15/2006 -0400, you wrote:

>I've been aware of this work for the last few months.  Interesting that it
>is largely the military that is funding it.  If they put people with
>battlefield injuries into suspended animation to allow for extended repair
>procedures the body bag count is likely to decrease.

This has been known for a long time.

"Medical

During the operations, several wounded British soldiers had to spend hours
in the cold before receiving medical aid; although, famously, no British
soldiers evacuated to medical aid stations died. Many recovered beyond what
medicine of the time thought possible, and subsequent theories have
suggested that this was due to the extreme cold (similar anecdotal tales
had originated during the bitter winter fighting of the Korean War)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War

Keith Henson