[extropy-chat] it had to happen...

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 16:40:10 UTC 2006

At 12:37 AM 7/17/2006 -0700, steven mckenzie wrote:

>then people start cutting on it

You cutting on your brain, you end with mash up brain.

>different people have different folk beliefs, that
>give them comfort or whatever,

Right. There is no end of comforting folk beliefs. Racism,
creationism, guardian angels, anal probes by aliens. Who are we to
cry stinking fish?

>slamming them is, well
>shows how stupid really smart people are

Actually I thought it was pretty funny, as well as vomitous, that
some cunning sharks should have mashed up a debased form of
evolutionary theory, reincarnation and astrology. I see a big future
in neuro-astrology, eco-angelology, brane-numerology, and Atlantean
Singularitarianism. In fact, I see that Terasem has already paved the
way to a non-profit singularity religion. Hallelujah!

MB was spot-on, as usual.

Damien Broderick