[extropy-chat] FWD [fantasticreality] Nice Summary of Problems of the self-denoted "Cultural Elites"

Randy Burkhardt randy.burkhardt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 17:23:47 UTC 2006

> The real problem with "military service" is that it in assumed everyone
> owes such "service" first of all and then that this "service" is poured
> down the toilet of pointless military adventures such an Iraq.   I will
> cheer each and every person regardless of purported class who manages to
> avoid having their precious life put at risk in so asinine and perverse
> a conflict.

Let me try a story for you.
Let's say you and your community live on a block.
The adjacent block is inhabited by vipers, thriving and multiplying in
recent years.
Sometimes in recent years, some of the vipers group, be they
rattlesnakes, cobras, or other species, and venture onto your block
and kill some of your neighbors.