[extropy-chat] spamming ISPs like Fastweb (was: META: att.net users, you might need a different ISP)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Mon Jul 31 19:57:24 UTC 2006

Hi Brian,

See from the spamassassin log (the sysadmin at cesr.fr showed me what I
'looked like' from cesr when I sent mail)

>  -------------------------------------------------- 3.5
>  RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net [Blocked
>  - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.18.14.16>] 1.2 RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB
>      RBL: SORBS: sender is a abuseable web server [85.18.14.16 listed in
>  dnsbl.sorbs.net] 0.6 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real
>  name
>  1.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS          RCVD_IN_SORBS

Now if you click on the link above, and then on the link that says
"Information about the reasons for list (blocking your mail server)..",
you see what is on the following web page:

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=blcheck&ip=85.18.14.16

Do you see the whole block of spam reports at the bottom?

This is the DSL line coming out of my wall, connected continually
to servers in Milan. The physical connection is the other half
of the double-twisted pair fixed cable owned by Telecom Italia (*),
and the only ISP (in Italy) that gives me a what I consider
'normal' DSL Internet service.

Amara

(*) At least I have this. And it works. I had a service previously
that dropped my connection every 30 seconds.

In a cost-cutting effort in patches of northern Italy, Telecom used up
the other half of the line because they needed it to assign telephone
numbers and didn't want to lay new cables. The result of such an action
leaves a number of towns without  DSL Internet service. Details here:

http://www.beppegrillo.it/eng/2006/05/disconnected_italy.html