[extropy-chat] Psychogenic Fields (was Role of MWI and Time Travel)

Harry Harrison xyz at iq.org
Sat Jun 3 05:11:09 UTC 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:50:49 -0700 (PDT), "The Avantguardian" <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> said:

> --- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
> > How does your psychogenic field create EM?
>
> In the context of a human brain, I suppose it would do
> so by coordinating the flow of ions (action
> potentials) in a coherent fashion across synapses in
> localized regions of the cortex.

Action potentials do not flow accross synapses.

I do not understand why you need a PF. You want the PF to
generate EM. So why not have EM generate the PF? But then
why have the PF at all if it is reduceable to EM? There's
no additional predictive power and so you should remove it
since it makes your existing theory bigger but not more powerful.