[extropy-chat] Collective Singularities (Was: Desirability of Singularity)

George Dvorsky george at betterhumans.com
Mon Jun 5 01:51:48 UTC 2006

> Increasing individual cognitive capacity has a big multiplicative effect
> on the economy, according to some of my current analysis (stay tuned :-).

While I'm sure that there's some truth to your analysis, one factor you
must be sure to consider is the impact of wide scale under-employment.
Already today the cognitive demands of work isn't matching what many
people are truly capable of (ie people are over-educated relative to
their jobs). In the future, I can imagine more of the same; just because
you have groups of populations with high IQs doesn't mean that the
cognitive demands of jobs will follow accordingly.

Cheers,
George