[extropy-chat] Wisdom of Crowds

Hal Finney hal at finney.org
Tue Jun 6 21:05:00 UTC 2006

[First, apologies for disappearing from the list for a few weeks.  I will
try to get back to some of the old threads, time permitting.]

Kevin Freels writes:
> So why not post a poll about the date of the coming singularity?

I did better than that!  I asked Google.

Googling for "when is the singularity?" didn't give me much useful.
I figured that it is not able to handle questions too well yet.  (I hear
they're working on that.)

So then I asked, more simply, "singularity date?"

And here's the first response:

"The short answer is that the near edge of the Singularity is due about
the year 2035 AD."

So there you have it - the wisdom of the crowd, via Google.

Hal