[extropy-chat] Space: The Final Constraint

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 16:16:59 UTC 2006

On 6/13/06, Damien Sullivan <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Then you shouldn't begrudge this speck of a planet for the life already on
> it, should you?

Are you proposing the indefinite pursuit of the goals of surviving and
producing copies with minor modifications?  That that is the *best* use for
the matter and energy at our disposal?  Extending this thought would suggest
that we should run around the galaxy hauling back hydrogen to keep this
little game running relatively indefinitely.  We want to bring the "far
side" party *here* so everyone can see how cool our historic preservation
efforts will have been.

Ah, yes, what a noble thought, let us increase the aggregate amount of
stupidity residing on this tiny speck of a planet in a tiny corner of space
for*ever*.

If I were God, I'd want to shoot myself.
R.