[extropy-chat] Health data

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 04:48:23 UTC 2006

On 6/16/06, Charlie Stross <charlie at antipope.org> wrote:

> I suspect this is because in the USA you have one interesting
> phenomenon that's absent elsewhere: a vast, parasitic health
> insurance industry that needs to keep medicine expensive -- and has
> the advocacy/lobbying/advertising dollars to spend on convincing
> everyone that their way is best.

### Gee, this is so bizarre....

Looks like these Americans are just stupid puppets, happily and
without duress dumping their own money down the drain because the
capitalist propaganda machine tells them to. And, amazingly, the
insurance companies, those greedy capitalist scum, they expect to make
more money by spending *more* money! The more they pay out of the
money they receive, the more is left for them! A true case of magic!
The more money they force on the docs, the more they earn themselves,
like pulling an infinite number of little green rabbits out of a hat!

Rafal

PS. Charlie, think it over - How can an insurance company hope to make
more money (or as one would say in social-speak, parasitize better) by
keeping their reimbursements higher than its competitors? Once you can
think your way through this little economic exercise, you will be on
your way out of the confusion.